Recipe by bmcnichol
This is my favorite Crab Bisque. It is quick and easy to make and it freezes nicely.
Top Review by Brooke the Cook in WI
Easy, easy, easy! In fact, I'd say that it took less than 30 minutes to make; probably more like 15-20 from start to finish. I made half the recipe and it was enough for three main course servings. I used milk in place of the whipping cream and about nine ounces of imitation chunk crabmeat. My DS and I didn't care for the thyme so I'd probably leave that out next time... and there will definitely be a next time, since he loves anything with crab and this was sooo quick and easy.
- 2 (14 3/4 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed