Recipe by wlcmd
Modified from Lycos.com, Arielle's Archives.
Top Review by BLUE ROSE
We love going out and having crab bisque soup. I have been trying to make a good one at home. Out of all that I have tried this one I would recomend making. We are not a fond of the hot sauce so we omit it. We would make this one again for company and the family....
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 59.16 ml butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml carrot, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml celery, finely chopped
- 2.46 ml dried thyme or 14.79 ml fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 473.18 ml tomato sauce
- 236.59 ml dry white wine
- 946.36 ml chicken broth
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 0.25 ml hot sauce
- 473.18 ml heavy cream
- 59.14 ml cognac
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large dungeness crab, cooked meat from (1.5-2.5 lbs)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in oil in a large pot and saute onions, carrots and celery until onions are translucent.
- Add the other ingredients except cognac, cream and salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and cook about 45 minutes.
- Strain into another pot and add cream and cook on low for about 10 minures.
- Season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Add cooked meat from 1 large Dungeness crab and heat.
- Add cognac and serve hot.