1 hr 30 mins
Chef #196376's Note:
Modified from Lycos.com, Arielle's Archives.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 59.16 ml butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml carrot, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml celery, finely chopped
- 2.46 ml dried thyme or 14.79 ml fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 473.18 ml tomato sauce
- 236.59 ml dry white wine
- 946.36 ml chicken broth
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 0.25 ml hot sauce
- 473.18 ml heavy cream
- 59.14 ml cognac
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large dungeness crab, cooked meat from (1.5-2.5 lbs)
- 1Melt butter in oil in a large pot and saute onions, carrots and celery until onions are translucent.
- 2Add the other ingredients except cognac, cream and salt and pepper.
- 3Bring to a boil and cook about 45 minutes.
- 4Strain into another pot and add cream and cook on low for about 10 minures.
- 5Season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- 6Add cooked meat from 1 large Dungeness crab and heat.
- 7Add cognac and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (722 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 762.9
- Calories from Fat 580
- Total Fat 64.4 g
- Saturated Fat 36.1 g
- Cholesterol 217.6 mg
- Sodium 1740.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 17.1 g