Recipe by wlcmd
Modified from Lycos.com, Arielle's Archives.
Top Review by BLUE ROSE
We love going out and having crab bisque soup. I have been trying to make a good one at home. Out of all that I have tried this one I would recomend making. We are not a fond of the hot sauce so we omit it. We would make this one again for company and the family....
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup cognac
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large dungeness crab, cooked meat from (1.5-2.5 lbs)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in oil in a large pot and saute onions, carrots and celery until onions are translucent.
- Add the other ingredients except cognac, cream and salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and cook about 45 minutes.
- Strain into another pot and add cream and cook on low for about 10 minures.
- Season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Add cooked meat from 1 large Dungeness crab and heat.
- Add cognac and serve hot.