Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
i got this recipe years ago from the hostess. easy to make, great to pass around
- 2 (6 ounce) cans crab or 2 (6 ounce) cans clams
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- salt and pepper
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half
- drain and flake meat.
- combine remaining ingredients except bacon, mix well.
- shape into walnut size balls.
- wrap each w/bacon, secure w/toothpicks.
- broil at medium til bacon is crisp, 10 minutes, turn and repeat.
Delicious little appetizer. This recipe should be doubled for sure these went really fast. They were very easy to make, my nine year old made them with me. We loved the bacon wrapped around the crab, gave it a wonderful taste. Thanks!
Maybe it was the type of canned crab that I used...maybe it was the white wine...these just weren't as good as some crab appetizers that I have had. They were a little tart (from the lemon juice? from the wine?). While they do get 5 stars for ease, and 5 stars because the ingedients are readily available, the flavor wasn't outstanding for me. Thanks, but I think I will try another recipe next time.
Good appetizer. It wasn't as spicy as I like, therefore, I added a couple of drops of hot sauce. They had a good consistency that the balls held together well (I've made some crabcakes that didn't do as well). Thanks, Chia.