Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick crab dish from the Caribbean. The other option is to put grated cheese on top instead of or in addition to the breadcrumbs. You can add more spices if you like it spicier ie. cayenne
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can crabmeat (or meat from cooked crabs)
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- salt and pepper
- 3 -4 tablespoons breadcrumbs, plus a little more to sprinkle on top before baking
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 sprig parsley, finely chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Saute onion and garlic in margarine for a few minutes until soft.
- Add crab meat, salt, pepper and parsley and cook for a few min more.
- Add breadcrumbs and Worcestershire sauce; combine well.
- Pack mixture into cleaned crab backs or shells, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and dot with margarine.
- Heat in oven till piping hot.
Oh, we enjoyed this. Did with leftover dungeness. Neither me nor DH are big fan of mayo, so this fit the bill perfectly. MIght add a little Old Bay next time, but this is definitely a keeper for when I don't feel like making crab cakes. I baked for about 20 mins. in 10 oz. ramekins and it worked out perfectly. Also grated a dab of peccorino before putting in oven. Thanks so much for this!