Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great appetizer and snack
- 12 ounces flaked crabmeat
- 1⁄3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives or 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 10 slices uncooked bacon, cut into thirds
- mix the crabmeat, breadcrumbs, garlic and chives in a bowl.
- mix the wine and mustard in a small bowl.
- pour the mixture over the dry ingredients; stir until the mixture is slightly sticky. if the mixture is too dry, add more white wine. chill for at least one hour.
- preheat the broiler after the mixture has been chilled.
- form the mixture into 1 inch balls.
- wrap each ball with a strip of bacon; secure the bacon with a toothpick.
- place the balls on a broiler pan so they do not touch.
- place the pan approximately 4 inches away from the heat element.
- broil for 15 minutes, until the bacon is crispy and crab mixture has been heated through.