Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love seafood, and this recipe from Trinidad is tasty and very more-ish.
- 500 g fresh crabmeat or 3 (510 g) can crabmeat
- 59.16 ml butter
- 1 large onion
- 9.85 ml chopped chives
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 0.25 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh chili pepper, chopped very fine
- 1 green capsicum, chopped fine
- 1 red capsicum, chopped fine
- 236.59 ml breadcrumbs
- 8 crab shells, cleaned, boiled and dried
- Put butter in large skillet; sauté onion, chives and capsicums.
- Add crabmeat, Worcestershire sauce, salt and chili pepper.
- Toss in pan over low heat, with wooden spoon.
- Add bread crumbs, combining all ingredients in pan well.
- Divide mixture onto the 8 empty crab backs.
- Dot each crab back with butter.
- Place under hot grill until golden brown.
- SERVE IMMEDIATELY.
These were outstanding! Really easy to prepare and they look great.