1/1 Photo of Crab Backs
jenny butt's Note:
I love seafood, and this recipe from Trinidad is tasty and very more-ish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g fresh crabmeat or 3 (510 g) can crabmeat
- 59.16 ml butter
- 1 large onion
- 9.85 ml chopped chives
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 0.25 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh chili pepper, chopped very fine
- 1 green capsicum, chopped fine
- 1 red capsicum, chopped fine
- 236.59 ml breadcrumbs
- 8 crab shells, cleaned, boiled and dried
- 1Put butter in large skillet; sauté onion, chives and capsicums.
- 2Add crabmeat, Worcestershire sauce, salt and chili pepper.
- 3Toss in pan over low heat, with wooden spoon.
- 4Add bread crumbs, combining all ingredients in pan well.
- 5Divide mixture onto the 8 empty crab backs.
- 6Dot each crab back with butter.
- 7Place under hot grill until golden brown.
- 8SERVE IMMEDIATELY.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Backs
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.7
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 52.1 mg
- Sodium 365.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 13.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: