Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis from the food network. I'm not a fan of sushi but my boyfriend loves it. This actually looks like something even I would enjoy. I can't wait to make it for him! The nori sheets can be found in asian markets and the directions do say to use a sushi mat, but I don't have one so I'll have to find some other substitute.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, drained and patted dry with paper towels
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 5 cups cooked sushi rice
- 4 toasted nori, sheets*
- 1 avocado, seeded, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into thin slices
- 1/4 cup black sesame seed
- 1In a medium bowl, mix together the crabmeat, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and sugar.
- 2Place a piece of plastic wrap on the sushi mat. Using wet fingers, spread 1 1/4 cups of the rice evenly over the plastic wrap to form a rectangle slightly smaller than the sushi mat.
- 3Lay a sheet of nori over the rice. Arrange 1/4 of the crab mixture along the center of the nori leaving a 2-inch border at the top.
- 4Top the crab mixture with 1/4 of the avocado slices, 1/4 of the mango slices, and 1/4 of the red bell pepper slices.
- 5Using the sushi mat as a guide, fold the rice over the filling and roll into a cylinder. Remove the plastic wrap.
- 6Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Sprinkle each roll with the black sesame seeds.
- 7To serve, using a sharp, damp knife, slice each cylinder into 6 pieces (re-wet the knife after each slice). Arrange the crab rolls on a serving platter and serve with wasabi, sweet pickled ginger and soy sauce.
- 8Cook's Note: For spicier rolls, substitute the red bell pepper with 2 seeded and thinly sliced jalapenos.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab, Avocado, & Mango Sushi Roll
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.9
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 59.9 mg
- Sodium 367.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 21.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: