Recipe by Elizabeth W.
This is one of my favorite appetizers at a local seafood restaurant. I loved it so much that I've recreated it at home. It makes enough for two generously portioned stacks.
Top Review by Naspyt
I had this once at a restaurant and always wanted to re-create it. This is so delicious. My husband and I love it.....now that we can make it at home, it's even better. This recipe ROCKS!
- 2 ripe Hass avocadoes, sliced
- 2 mangoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onions
- 1⁄4 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 10 ounces jumbo lump crab meat
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon coarse grain mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix last 8 ingredients (mayo through Tabasco), & refrigerate.
- Use a dual open ended cylindrical mold to form the stacks. (If you don't have a mold, use an empty clean soup or veggie can with both ends removed.) Place the mold onto the serving plate.
- (use half of the ingredients in each mold).
- Gently push down the avocado slices into the bottom of the mold.
- Mix together the mango, jalapeno, red bell pepper, & red onion, then gently push down on top of the avocado layer.
- Gently toss the crab with the refrigerated mayo mix (remoulade), then gently push down on top of the mango layer.
- Carefully slide the mold off of the stack and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve cold.