Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From one of my favorite food network chefs, Ellie Krieger. Light & refreshing!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1⁄2 lb lump crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Pit and peel the avocado and cut it into 1/2-inch chunks. In a small bowl toss the avocado chunks gently with 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice and season with salt to taste. In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining lemon juice, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, pinch of white pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add crabmeat and toss.
- Stand an empty 15-ounce can with both top and bottom removed on a serving plate. Scoop a quarter of the avocado into the can. Place 1/4 of the crabmeat on top and press down gently into the mold. Gently pull the can off the avocado and crab mixture. Garnish with a half teaspoon of chives. Repeat with the remaining 3 servings and serve.