Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
We are seafood lovers at this house. The half and half makes this dish even more decadent. Delicious!
- 1 (6 ounce) package frozen crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped chives
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons dry breadcrumbs
- Thaw crabmeat and retain liquid.
- Place butter in pan on medium heat.
- Stir in flour.
- Gradually stir in milk, half and half, wine, and crab liquid.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is smooth and thick.
- Stir in cheese, salt, paprika, mushrooms and chives.
- Stir until cheese melts.
- Fold in crabmeat.
- Pour into greased 1-quart casserole.
- Top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake 15 minutes at 400°.