Recipe by KateL
Entered for safe-keeping. From Simply Classic from Jr. League of Seattle. Elegant and refreshing. Choose a small cantaloupe that smells sweet at the stem end.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 heads butter lettuce, washed and dried
- 1⁄2 cantaloupe, sliced into 12 thin wedges
- 3⁄4 lb crabmeat
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a large bowl with ice water and set aside. In a large pan of simmering water, cook asparagus until tender, 30 seconds to 3 minutes, depending on size of asparagus. Immerse cooked asparagus in ice water until cool; drain and pat dry.
- DRESSING: Combine mint, ginger, vinegar, mustard and sugar in a small bowl. Whisk until thoroughly combined. While whisking, slowly pour in oil.
- Divide lettuce leaves among 6 plates. Fan 1/6 of the asparagus and 2 melon wedges over each bed of lettuce. Top salads with crabmeat. Drizzle with dressing and serve immediately.