Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Serve with crackers, Melba toast rounds, toast points or whatever you like. Always a big hit.
Make and share this Crab Artichoke Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 16 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 12 ounces crabmeat, Real Crab not imitation
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Melt butter. Stir in onion, garlic and parsley.
- Cook till onion is tender.
- Add cream cheese and keep on low heat until creamy.
- Add other ingredients, except crab, and mix well.
- Pour into large oven proof serving dish and fold in crab meat.
- Bake until bubbly and hot.
This was absolutely FANTASTIC! I made this recipe for PAC Spring 2009. In making this I was hoping the end product would be similar to Red Lobster's Crab Artichoke dip and it was just as good if not better! The only changes I made to this recipe were: 1) I added a can of baby shrimp to mellow out the artichoke flavor, 2) I mixed in 1 cup of Montery Cheddar Jack Cheese into the stovetop mixture and 3) when it was all finish I topped it with more Montery Cheddar Jack cheese and more Parmesan cheese. Loved this recipe, thanks MomB for a keeper!! P.S. I served with tortilla chips sprinkled with Lowry's Seasoning salt and warmed in the oven for 10 minutes!
Not bad but not great. Followed recipe exactly. My wife and I both found it flat and disappointing, The crab we used was refrigerator-packaged; this dish might need really fresh crab.
This was absolutely delicious! Leftovers were even better the second day. Thanks for a great recipe!!