Recipe by D. Todd Miller
This dip can be served at a dressy party or a casual get-together. I usually serve this with toasted pita points, toasted French bread, or water crackers. However, this dip may be used as a stuffing for mushroom caps. This recipe is from "The Fresh Market and Friends" cookbook.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oil
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 8 ounces crabmeat
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute red bell pepper in oil for 3 minutes.
- Add sauteed bell pepper and remaining ingredients except crab and almonds to a small, greased baking dish. Mix well.
- Gently blend in crab. Season to taste. Top with almonds.
- At this point, you may refrigerate overnight if you wish.
- To serve, bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes until brown and bubbly. Serve immediately.