Recipe by carolinafan
This can also be baked in individual ovenproof dishes. Reduce cooking time to 20 minutes.
Top Review by Me & Mr. Jones
I'm rating, on behalf of my Mom, who doesn't have a Zaar account, yet. (That'll change soon!) She said this recipe was definitely 5-star. The only thing she did differently was to sprinkle some bread crumbs on the top during the last 5 minutes of baking. Thanks for posting!
- 8 ounces uncooked small shell pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package imitation crabmeat, chunks
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and cut into bite-size pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 2-quart casserole.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat; add green onions. Cook and stir about 2 minutes. Add flour; cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Gradually add half-and-half, whisking constantly until mixture begins to thicken.
- Whisk in mustard and red pepper; season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1/4 cup cheese until melted.
- Combine crabmeat, artichokes and pasta in casserole. Add sauce mixture and stir until blended.
- Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until hot, bubbly and lightly browned.