These are a little time consuming but worth the while. The time consuming part is getting the pastry ready, from there on it is easy and makes for a delicious and lovely appetizer. Pepperidgefarms.com is where I found it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Unfold pastry sheet on lightly floured surface.
- 3Cut into 12 rounds, using a 2" cookie cutter.
- 4Place 2" apart on baking sheet.
- 5Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 6Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire rack.*.
- 7Stir cream cheese until smooth.
- 8Stir in milk, horseradish, pepper and crabmeat.**.
- 9Split pastries into 2 layers, making 24 in all.
- 10Spread crabmeat mixture on 12 bottom layers.
- 11Top with onions, almonds, paprika and other layer of pastry.
- 13*Can be made up to that point, ahead of time about 5-6 hours.
- 14**Can be prepared ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator - when ready to use - allow to come to room temp before using.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Appetizer Napoleons
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 661.8
- Calories from Fat 439
- Total Fat 48.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 53.8 mg
- Sodium 565.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 16.0 g