Recipe by Manami
These are a little time consuming but worth the while. The time consuming part is getting the pastry ready, from there on it is easy and makes for a delicious and lovely appetizer. Pepperidgefarms.com is where I found it.
- 17 1⁄2 ounces frozen puff pastry, slightly thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) container cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared white horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white fresh ground pepper
- 6 ounces crabmeat
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Unfold pastry sheet on lightly floured surface.
- Cut into 12 rounds, using a 2" cookie cutter.
- Place 2" apart on baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire rack.*.
- Stir cream cheese until smooth.
- Stir in milk, horseradish, pepper and crabmeat.**.
- Split pastries into 2 layers, making 24 in all.
- Spread crabmeat mixture on 12 bottom layers.
- Top with onions, almonds, paprika and other layer of pastry.
- *Can be made up to that point, ahead of time about 5-6 hours.
- **Can be prepared ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator - when ready to use - allow to come to room temp before using.