1/2 Photos of Crab Appetizer (Maryland)
Andi of Longmeadow Farm's Note:
Crabs are such a part of Maryland life and Maryland way....that a lot of fellow Zaar members from the Maryland, Delaware, and Virgina coast will have a "bucket load" of crab recipes. And all of them are divine! You can fix a different crab dish or appetizer every night of the week for a full year. Crabs are not grown on the farm. But we do have a special supplier to us called, "Gibby's Seafood Market" that sell their steamed crabs from the night before at a reduced rate. Now you have to get there soon in the morning right after they open but those crabs are seasoned with "Old Bay Seasoning" (a staple of Maryland, made in Maryland) and oh so good. Anyway, whenever there is a get together be it Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall there is always a crab dish. This ia a good appetizer to serve, people just grab with their hands and devour, making sure they have licked the last bit off their hands or even plates. Go ahead, try it, I promise there won't be much left for you. Have fun add or subtract whatever you see fit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, chopped finely (yellow or red if available)
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning (I use more)
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon celery, minced
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 2 (21 ounce) miniature phyllo cups (prefer Athens-15 shells each box)
- 1 dash paprika
- 1Mix together ingredients *except crab meat* to make a thick mixture.
- 2Carefully fold crab meat into mixture either with a your hands, or a spatula, just until mixed. Do not over mix.
- 3Over fill each mini phyllo shell with the crab meat, (about 1 tablespoon per shell).
- 4Sprinkle lightly with paprika, for decoration.
- 5Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Appetizer (Maryland)
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.4
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 692.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 12.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning