From todays local paper The West Australian. Fresh linguine is stressed as essential (usually can be found in the fridge section of the supermarket and only takes a couple of minutes to cook). Times are estimated.
- 250 g crabmeat (2-3 blue manna crabs)
- 4 zucchini (small)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 2 red chilies (deseeded and finely sliced down the length of the chilli)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 500 g fresh linguine
- 2 tablespoons parsley (roughly chopped)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lemon (cut into wedges, to serve)
- Pick through the crab meat to ensure there is no shell.
- Finely shred the zucchinis or either coarsely grate them or use a mandolin to slice.
- Add the olive oil to a wide pan and add the shredded zucchini and cook for a couple of minutes over a high heat until they collapse but have not coloured.
- Add the garlic and chillies and cook for a couple of minutes longer.
- Season well with the salt and pepper and fold through the crab meat.
- Meanwhile cook the linguine in salted water - this should not take more than 2 minutes.
- Lightly drain the linguine and then mix through the crab mixture.
- Fold through the parsley and lemon juice and then serve with the lemon wedges.