An elegant crab and pasta dinner suitable for Valentines day or a romantic dinner. Crab with a creamy sauce tossed with vegetables over linguine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 fresh cooked crabs or 16 ounces of picked over crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 shallots, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 leek, thinly sliced (use white and lightgreen parts)
- 1 sprig tarragon
- 1/4 cup sauvignon blanc wine or 1/4 cup pinot grigio wine (unoaked white wine)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- parsley (to garnish) (optional)
- 1Refrigerate crab meat until ready to use.
- 2Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and saute shallots and garlic in olive oil.
- 3Add fennel, carrot, leek, and tarragon.
- 4Cook until vegetables begin to soften.
- 5Add wine and cook until reduced by a quarter.
- 6Add cream and butter and add crab meat and cook until heated.
- 7Boil pasta in salted water and drain.
- 8Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta cooking water to add to vegetable and crab mixture, add pasta water to desired consistency.
- 9Toss vegetable and crab mixture with linguine and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 10May substitute shrimp for crab.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab and Vegetable Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 488.3
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 59.1 mg
- Sodium 654.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 11.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: