Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
An elegant crab and pasta dinner suitable for Valentines day or a romantic dinner. Crab with a creamy sauce tossed with vegetables over linguine.
- 2 fresh cooked crabs or 16 ounces of picked over crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 shallots, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 leek, thinly sliced (use white and lightgreen parts)
- 1 sprig tarragon
- 1⁄4 cup sauvignon blanc wine or 1⁄4 cup pinot grigio wine (unoaked white wine)
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- parsley (to garnish) (optional)
- Refrigerate crab meat until ready to use.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and saute shallots and garlic in olive oil.
- Add fennel, carrot, leek, and tarragon.
- Cook until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add wine and cook until reduced by a quarter.
- Add cream and butter and add crab meat and cook until heated.
- Boil pasta in salted water and drain.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta cooking water to add to vegetable and crab mixture, add pasta water to desired consistency.
- Toss vegetable and crab mixture with linguine and add salt and pepper to taste.
- May substitute shrimp for crab.