Recipe by Rhonda O
A Recipe from the Marengo United Quilter's Recipe and Remembrances Cookbook.In Crawford County Indiana
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 8 slices bread
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 3 cups crabmeat
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a pan large enough to use as a mixig bowl.
- Mix in bread until butter is absorbed.
- Add milk and bouillon cube.
- Sit over low heat until cube is dissolved.
- Add eggs.
- Mix well.
- Stir in onion, crab meat, and spoon into casserole dish.
- Cover with remaining cheese.
- Sprinkle with paprika and cayene pepper.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.