Recipe by cervantesbrandi
It took me a couple years to finally come up with this end result. It is work the time and effort.
- 16 ounces frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained)
- 4 large portabella mushrooms (cleaned and stems removed)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 4 tablespoons onions (minced)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces crabmeat (1 king crab leg)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a sauce pan on medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach, the cream cheese, and the heavy cream and continue to cook on medium heat until the cream cheese is melted.
- Add the monterrey jack cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally, tear the crab meat into small chunks and gently fold the meat into the spinach mixture.
- Spoon the spinach mixture into the mushroom caps and place them on an oiled baking sheet.
- Bake the mushrooms on 375 for 20 minutes.