1/2 Photos of Crab and Spinach Lasagna
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Caroline Cooks's Note:
Delicious lasagna to use for buffet dinner as a choice of white or red lasagnas. Spice it up to your liking. This is just right for us.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups lump crabmeat, break into bite-sized chunks
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 1 -2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) carton part-skim ricotta cheese (or half sour cream & half ricotta cheese)
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- lemon wedge (as suggested by mersaydees)
- 1In a medium saucepan, cook onion and (if using fresh spinach) in butter until tender; add garlic and sauté to release flavor.
- 2Stir in cornstarch, Old Bay, and basil. Add cream all at once.
- 3Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- 4In medium bowl, stir in together, ricotta/sour cream and egg.
- 5Add half of Mozzarella and half of parmesan; mix well. Preheat oven to 350*F.
- 6Arrange lasagna pieces in bottom of a greased 12x7ï¿½ rectangular baking dish.
- 7Top with half of spinach mixture, half crab chunks, and half Ricotta mixture.
- 8Repeat layers- noodles, spinach, crab, Ricotta.
- 9Top with remaining Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- 10Cover with foil and tent foil and seal well (do not let foil touch top of lasagna).
- 11Bake for 50-55 minutes or until mixture is bubbly. Uncover and bake for 10-12 more minutes to lightly brown top.
- 12Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- 13Serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab and Spinach Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.6
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 131.6 mg
- Sodium 573.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 25.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-boil lasagna noodles
Old Bay Seasoning