Cook1 hr 15 mins
Delicious lasagna to use for buffet dinner as a choice of white or red lasagnas. Spice it up to your liking. This is just right for us.
- 6 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups lump crabmeat, break into bite-sized chunks
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 1 -2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) carton part-skim ricotta cheese (or half sour cream & half ricotta cheese)
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded mozzarella cheese
- lemon wedge (as suggested by mersaydees)
- In a medium saucepan, cook onion and (if using fresh spinach) in butter until tender; add garlic and sauté to release flavor.
- Stir in cornstarch, Old Bay, and basil. Add cream all at once.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- In medium bowl, stir in together, ricotta/sour cream and egg.
- Add half of Mozzarella and half of parmesan; mix well. Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Arrange lasagna pieces in bottom of a greased 12x7ï¿½ rectangular baking dish.
- Top with half of spinach mixture, half crab chunks, and half Ricotta mixture.
- Repeat layers- noodles, spinach, crab, Ricotta.
- Top with remaining Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and tent foil and seal well (do not let foil touch top of lasagna).
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until mixture is bubbly. Uncover and bake for 10-12 more minutes to lightly brown top.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with lemon wedges.