Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Something different that might just float your boat. A favorite of ours.
Top Review by Demandy
Sorry to be the party pooper but my husband and I felt this was bland. I was disappointed at the flavor because it was so easy to put together! The texture was mostly good and it looked fantastic coming out of the oven. But it needed more flavor. The leek soup mix had a dried-up, almost gritty flavor to it, perhaps it didn't get blended fully. I think this could be good if you could make your own white sauce with leeks or green onions and maybe some garlic. Or perhaps mixing the cheese in with the sauce instead of putting it all on top.
- 2 cups uncooked gemelli pasta (twist)
- 1 (1 7/8 ounce) packageknorr leek soup mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package imitation crabmeat, chunks
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, firmly packed and stems removed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, mix the soup mix and milk.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- In a mixing bowl, add pasta, crabmeat and spinach.
- Add soup mixture; gently stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a 8-inch baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray; spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees, for 20 minutes or until bubbly and light golden brown.