great flavored rice I've left out the ham and it is still wonderful
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons Emeril's Original Essence
- 1/3 cup peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup minced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped smoked tasso or 1/2 cup chopped ham
- 8 cups cooked white rice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 lb jumbo lump crab, picked of shells
- 3 eggs, scrambled firm,cooled and chopped
- 1Cut the shrimp in half through the center, and season, with essence.
- 2In a large wok or large, non-stick skillet, heat the peanut and sesame oils over high heat.
- 3Add the garlic, ginger, 1/4 cup of the green onions and red pepper, and cook, stirring continuously so they do not burn.
- 4Add the onions, carrots, tasso and shrimp and continue to stir fry.
- 5When shrimp begin to turn pink, after about 30 seconds, add the rice and mix thoroughly.
- 6Add the soy sauce, sugar and black pepper, and stir to mix well.
- 7Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- 8Gently fold in the crabmeat and the cooked eggs and just heat through.
- 9Garnish with remaining 1/4 cup green onions, and serve.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for crab and shrimp rice
Serving Size: 1 (485 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 662.2
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 265.5 mg
- Sodium 881.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 39.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Emeril's Original Essence