Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
great flavored rice I've left out the ham and it is still wonderful
Make and share this crab and shrimp rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons Emeril's Original Essence
- 1⁄3 cup peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup minced yellow onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped smoked tasso or 1⁄2 cup chopped ham
- 8 cups cooked white rice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 lb jumbo lump crab, picked of shells
- 3 eggs, scrambled firm,cooled and chopped
- Cut the shrimp in half through the center, and season, with essence.
- In a large wok or large, non-stick skillet, heat the peanut and sesame oils over high heat.
- Add the garlic, ginger, 1/4 cup of the green onions and red pepper, and cook, stirring continuously so they do not burn.
- Add the onions, carrots, tasso and shrimp and continue to stir fry.
- When shrimp begin to turn pink, after about 30 seconds, add the rice and mix thoroughly.
- Add the soy sauce, sugar and black pepper, and stir to mix well.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Gently fold in the crabmeat and the cooked eggs and just heat through.
- Garnish with remaining 1/4 cup green onions, and serve.