Recipe by Kizzikate
Individual gratin dishes make a special presentation of this yummy seafood bake. Can also be prepared in a 1-quart baking dish. From The Big Book of Casseroles.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 ounces small shrimp, cooked & chopped
- 8 ounces crabmeat, flaked
- 3⁄4 cup coarse breadcrumbs
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in skillet, over medium heat. Sauté mushrooms 5 minutes. Stir in flour; blend well.
- Add half-and-half, stir until thickened, approx 3 minutes. Add wine, salt, white pepper,and Worcestershire. Fold in shrimp and crab.
- Spoon into 4 (4x6) gratin dishes. Melt 1 tablespoon butter; toss with crumbs. Sprinkle evenly over dishes.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes. Top with cheese, and dust with paprika. Bake 10 minutes, or until bubbly.