Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An excellent appetizer for any party. I have been making this recipe for over 40 years.
Make and share this Crab and Shrimp Dips recipe from Food.com.
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Kraft Miracle Whip preferred)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce or 1⁄4 teaspoon red hot sauce
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 2 (4 1/4 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) cans baby shrimp, drained and rinsed
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until well blended.
- Add ketchup, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce and beat again until well incorporated.
- Add onions and mix well using a fork.
- Adjust Tabasco sauce to taste.
- Divide mixture equally into 2 serving bowls.
- Add crab to one bowl and mix well using a fork.
- Add shrimp to the other bowl and mix well using a fork.
- Serve with potato chips or vegetable crackers.
- Refrigerate any unused portions.
Wow! I got raving reviews when I made this dip for my daughter's birthday party! It was great with Townhouse pretzel crackers!!!
Loved it. I made this for Thanksgiving this year for the first time. WHAT A HIT! Everyone loved it and it was gone in no time. A few of my family members asked for the recipe for their holiday parties. Something I will make again and again.
I was disappointed in the taste. It was so sour... I blame the Miracle Whip... should have known better... because I hate mayonaise! I was looking for something more like a cheese ball with salsa or shrimp sauce on top that I could use on crackers or tortilla chips... this was NOT it! Too soft like pudding! Blehck! I won't make this one again.