1/1 Photo of Crab and Shrimp Crepes With Mornay Sauce
1 hr 30 mins
This is an elegant dish. The first time I made them, my husband thought I picked them up from a restaurant. Was he ever surprised! This would make a nice romantic dinner with candlelight! The recipe seems long but it includes a recipe for the filling, the Mornay Sauce, and crepes themselves.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Shrimp and Crab Mixture
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 cups cooked shrimp (I use imitation crab and scallops) or 2 cups cooked crab (I use imitation crab and scallops) or 2 cups cooked scallops (I use imitation crab and scallops)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (divided)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons grated swiss cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 egg yolk, mixed with the half and half
- 1Make crepes---------.
- 2Combine all ingredients (except for cooking oil) for crepes in a bowl and blend with a whisk until smooth.
- 3Cover batter and set aside for 30 minutes.
- 4Heat cooking oil in pan.
- 5Add 2 tablespoons of batter and cook until lightly browned on bottom side (about 1 1/2 minutes).
- 6Turn and cook other side.
- 7Repeat with remaining batter.
- 8Place crepes between pieces of waxed paper to keep from sticking together.
- 9Set aside.
- 10Prepare crepe mixture and Mornay Sauce Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 11For Mornay sauce-----------.
- 12In a small saucepan, melt butter and blend in Flour.
- 13Stir in milk.
- 14Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.
- 15Add cheese and blend well.
- 16Add egg yolk mixture and blend well.
- 17Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- 18For Crepe mixture----------.
- 19Butter a large shallow baking dish.
- 20In a skillet melt 4 tablespoons of butter and sauté onions and mushrooms until tender.
- 21Stir in seafood.
- 22Add 3/4 cup of Mornay Sauce, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- 23Stir together until heated through.
- 24Spoon 2 tablespoons of mixture into middle of crepe and roll up.
- 25Place seam side down in buttered baking dish.
- 26Repeat with remaining crepes.
- 27Top with remaining sauce and Parmesan cheese.
- 28Bake for 15 minutes until sauce is warm and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab and Shrimp Crepes With Mornay Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.5
- Calories from Fat 308
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 181.7 mg
- Sodium 641.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 15.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: