Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love this served as a dip with toasted bread rounds or as my mother's generation would say "toast points". Or, serve for lunch, brunch, or dinner with a simple green salad and hot French bread. Cheesy, warm and a bit spicy! Serve with a sparkling wine for a really good time.
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat the cream in a heavy saucepan.
- Add the herbs, salt and pepper, green onions, and parsley.
- Stir and simmer until thickened, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp and cook until just turning pink, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in half the cheese until that melts then add the crabmeat very carefully.
- Pour into an oven proof dish and top with the remaining cheese and pop under the broiler until the cheese bubbles and turns golden.