1/1 Photo of Crab and Prawn Ravioli in Seafood Bisque
This is a dish I learned to make at Leith's cooking school in London. It takes a little work, but is divine. You could make the pasta dough, filling and sauce ahead of time, but I recommend cooking the pasta as soon as possible after you've made it. If you must store it for a few hours, then separate the ravioli with plastic wrap or parchment paper to keep them from sticking together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the pasta dough
For the filling
- 110 g cooked crabmeat
- 110 g cooked prawns, still in their shells
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
For the sauce
- 1Make the pasta by mixing all the ingredients together in a food processor with the normal blade.
- 2You can also do this by mixing the flour and eggs together by hand on a wooden board, but it just takes longer and the end result is the same.
- 3Turn the dough out onto the counter.
- 4Use your hands to shape it into a ball and draw together any crumbs.
- 5Wrap in clingfilm and leave to relax in a cool place for an hour.
- 6Meanwhile, make the filling.
- 7Remove the prawns from their shells.
- 8Put the crabmeat and prawns in the food processor and whiz until smooth.
- 9Add the egg white, lemon juice salt and pepper and whiz again until just mixed.
- 10Stir in the chives, cover and set aside.
- 11Make the sauce.
- 12Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan and fry all the shells and onion until they start to brown.
- 13Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- 14Add the brandy, tomatoes, bay leaf, tomato puree and star anise.
- 15Add the stock and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 16Strain the sauce and reduce to 150 ml by boiling rapidly.
- 17Add the cream, reduce to the consistency of single cream and season to taste.
- 18Set the sauce aside and roll out your pasta dough as thinly as possible using a pasta maker.
- 19You want a strip about 6 inches wide.
- 20Place teaspoonfuls of the filling in even rows at intervals of 1 1/2 inches over half of the pasta.
- 21Fold the other half over the mounds of filling.
- 22Press together, firmed around each mound to make sure you have squeezed out all the air.
- 23Cut between the rows, making sure the edges are sealed.
- 24You can use a fork to decorate the edges.
- 25Cook the ravioli in boiling water for 3-4 minutes until al dente.
- 26Place on the serving dish, drizzle over the sauce and decorate with the chives.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab and Prawn Ravioli in Seafood Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (608 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 783.3
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 287.0 mg
- Sodium 870.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 34.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: