Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A friend gave me this recipe, we thought it was quite tasty.
- 1 1⁄2 cups penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 (17 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 medium summer squash, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, crab, yellow squash, zucchini, parsley and pepper flakes.
- Drain pasta; add to sauce mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 325 for 35 minutes.
- Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake uncovered, 5-6 minutes longer or until browned.
This was just OK. Almost too much cheese - and I never say that lol. It needed quite a bit of salt. It seemed to taste better the next day.