Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Food & Wine.
- 8 wide celery ribs, trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese, softened (2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped tarragon
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 lb lump crabmeat, picked over and well drained
- 1⁄2 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fennel bulb, plus fennel fronds, for garnish
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Peel the celery ribs so they sit flat, then cut them on the diagonal into 1-inch lengths.
- In a medium bowl, combine the softened cream cheese with the mayonnaise, lemon juice, basil, tarragon, parsley and lemon zest.
- Add the crabmeat, peas, fennel bulb and onion and stir gently until just combined.
- Season with salt and pepper. Spoon 1 teaspoon of the crab salad onto each piece of celery and garnish with a bit of fennel frond.