Prep 40 mins
Cook 38 mins
Crabmeat in a rich cream sauce with noodles.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced yellow onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce (or to taste)
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 3⁄4 lb crabmeat, flaked and picked over
- 8 ounces spinach noodles or 8 ounces plain noodles, cooked and drained
- In a saucepan over medium heat, warm the oil.
- Add in the onion, bell pepper, garlic, and mushrooms; stir/saute for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer to a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt the butter in the same saucepan.
- Stir in the flour; continue stirring until bubbly.
- Add in stock, wine, and seasonings; bring to a boil, stirring constantly for about 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in sour cream and crabmeat.
- Add mixture to casserole dish along with noodles; stir to mix well.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly, stirring once.