Recipe by MarieRynr
This is a delicious appetizer for the Holiday Season. From the book "Open House, A Culinary Tour". Posted as per request.
- 1 cup french breadcrumbs
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 4 cups coarsely chopped coarsely chopped assorted wild mushrooms (cremini oyster, shiitake mushrooms)
- 1 ounce dried wild mushrooms, soaked, drained, chopped
- 28 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 ounce canned crabmeat, drained, flaked
- 1 cup shrredded smoked gouda cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- For the crust, combine the bread crumbs, cheese and butter in a bowl until well blended. Press onto the bottom of a 9 or 10 inch spring form pan. Bake at 325*F for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- For the filling, heat the olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper. Saute for about 2 minutes, then add the mushrooms. Saute for 10 minutes. (until liquid evaporates and mushrooms start to brown) Remove from heat and cool.
- Beat the cream cheese, salt and pepper in a large bowl until fluffy. Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the onion mixture, crab meat, gouda cheese and parsley. Pour into the crust.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 1 1/2 hours until the top is puffed and browned and the center still slightly jiggly when the pan is shaken. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or chilled. Store, covered in the refrigerator.