Recipe by MsPia
I can't remember where I got this recipe from, the clipping is in pretty bad condition, I think it was and old, old, old William Sonoma catalogue. I love it because is so easy and fast to make but it tastes like if you were slaving on the stove all day.
- 118.29 ml butter, divided
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 226.79 g mushrooms, chopped
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 473.18 ml milk
- 4.92 ml hot sauce
- 709.77 ml half-and-half
- 453.59 g fresh lump crabmeat, drained and picked
- 59.14 ml dry sherry
Lemon Blend (use 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 44.37 ml lemon rind, grated
- 29.58 ml kosher salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 4.92 ml celery seed
- 4.92 ml ground coriander
- 1.23 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- For the lemon blend:.
- Combine all ingredients in a small food processor or grinder. Process until finely and evenly chopped. Store on an airtight container.
- For the bisque:.
- Melt ¼ cup of butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; add onion and next 4 ingredients. Cook stirring until tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Melt remaining butter in same saucepan over medium heat add flour stirring until smooth. Cook one minute.
- Gradually stir in milk. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly. Stir in Sherry, lemon blend, hot sauce and half and half.
- Reduce heat; stir in crab meat and cook for 5 minutes stirring often.
- Add saved vegetables, stir well and serve immediately.