1/1 Photo of Crab and Mushroom Bisque
I can't remember where I got this recipe from, the clipping is in pretty bad condition, I think it was and old, old, old William Sonoma catalogue. I love it because is so easy and fast to make but it tastes like if you were slaving on the stove all day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 lb fresh lump crabmeat, drained and picked
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
Lemon Blend (use 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1For the lemon blend:.
- 2Combine all ingredients in a small food processor or grinder. Process until finely and evenly chopped. Store on an airtight container.
- 3For the bisque:.
- 4Melt ¼ cup of butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; add onion and next 4 ingredients. Cook stirring until tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 5Melt remaining butter in same saucepan over medium heat add flour stirring until smooth. Cook one minute.
- 6Gradually stir in milk. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly. Stir in Sherry, lemon blend, hot sauce and half and half.
- 7Reduce heat; stir in crab meat and cook for 5 minutes stirring often.
- 8Add saved vegetables, stir well and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab and Mushroom Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 690.6
- Calories from Fat 451
- Total Fat 50.1 g
- Saturated Fat 30.6 g
- Cholesterol 233.6 mg
- Sodium 4197.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 33.5 g