Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this while looking for ideas using canned crab. This is from Gourmet.
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup tarragon or 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped shallot
- 5⁄8 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into tablespoon pieces
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, picked over
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb dried egg fettuccine
- Boil wine, vinegar, and shallot in a 2 1/2- to 3-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat until liquid is reduced to about 1 tablespoon, about 3 minutes.
- Add a few tablespoons butter, whisking constantly.
- Add remaining butter 1 piece at a time, whisking constantly and adding each new piece before previous one has completely melted, lifting pan from heat occasionally to cool mixture.
- Reduce heat to low, then add crabmeat and cook, stirring occasionally, until just heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in herbs, zest, lemon juice, and salt.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Reserve 3 tablespoons of pasta-cooking water, then drain pasta.
- Toss pasta with crab sauce and reserved cooking water in a serving bowl. Season with salt and pepper.