Recipe by DailyInspiration
Goat cheese adds a tangy flavor to this spicy-sweet dish. Recipe is from Southern Living.
Top Review by rpgaymer
I love unique recipes like this, so I had to try it as soon as I saw this. It was really good! The creaminess of the goat cheese combines perfectly with the mild spiciness of the poblanos. I did not serve this with mango salsa, but instead served a jicama and mandarin orange salad on the side. It made for an overall great meal. Thanks for sharing.
- 8 poblano chiles
- 2 egg whites
- 226.79 g package mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 113.39 g package goat cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 2.46-4.92 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 1.23-2.46 ml dried red pepper flakes
- 170.09 g can lump crabmeat, rinsed and drained
- 236.59 ml frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 78.07 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 14.79 ml fresh lime juice
- cooking spray
- mango salsa
- fresh cilantro (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Broil chile peppers on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet 5 inches from heat for 5 minutes on each side or until peppers look blistered.
- Place peppers in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and let stand 10 minutes to loosen skins. Peel peppers. Carefully cut peppers open lengthwise on one side, keeping stems intact; discard seeds. Set peppers aside.
- Process egg whites in a food processor until foamy. Add mozzarella cheese and next 5 ingredients, processing until blended.
- Place cheese mixture in a large bowl. Stir in crabmeat and next 3 ingredients.
- Spoon crabmeat mixture evenly into peppers, pinching cut edges together to seal. Arrange stuffed peppers, seam side down, in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, covered at 375 degrees F. for 25-30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Top with Mango Salsa, and garnish with cilantro if desired.