1/1 Photo of Crab and Goat Cheese Poblanos With Mango Salsa
1 hr 10 mins
Nancy's Pantry's Note:
Goat cheese adds a tangy flavor to this spicy-sweet dish. Recipe is from Southern Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 poblano chiles
- 2 egg whites
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) package goat cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2-1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 (6 ounce) can lump crabmeat, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- cooking spray
- mango salsa
- fresh cilantro (to garnish)
- 1Broil chile peppers on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet 5 inches from heat for 5 minutes on each side or until peppers look blistered.
- 2Place peppers in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and let stand 10 minutes to loosen skins. Peel peppers. Carefully cut peppers open lengthwise on one side, keeping stems intact; discard seeds. Set peppers aside.
- 3Process egg whites in a food processor until foamy. Add mozzarella cheese and next 5 ingredients, processing until blended.
- 4Place cheese mixture in a large bowl. Stir in crabmeat and next 3 ingredients.
- 5Spoon crabmeat mixture evenly into peppers, pinching cut edges together to seal. Arrange stuffed peppers, seam side down, in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 6Bake, covered at 375 degrees F. for 25-30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Top with Mango Salsa, and garnish with cilantro if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab and Goat Cheese Poblanos With Mango Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.9
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 49.8 mg
- Sodium 350.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 17.2 g