Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Hallmark Magazine, November 2007. I have not made this yet, but if I do I will probably sub red potatoes, skin on.
- 10 baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 lb lump crabmeat
- 1⁄2 lb goat cheese, crumbled
- pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the potatoes, garlic, and salt, cooking until potatoes are fork-tender (about 10 min). Drain.
- Force the potatoes, garlic, and butter through a ricer. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sppok the puree into a 3 or 4 quart casserole dish. Bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle crab over the potatoes, then sprinkle with goat cheese.
- Return to oven, bake for 10 minutes or until hot and bubbling.