Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 carrot
- 1 leek
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 3⁄4 cups fish stock
- 2 cooked crabs
- 1 piece fresh gingerroot, grated (1-inch long)
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground star anise
- salt and pepper
- Bring the mixture in the saucepan to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover, and leave to simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are nearly tender.
- Remove all of the meat from the cooked crabs.
- Break off and reserve the claws; break the joints and remove the meat, using a fork or skewer.
- Add the crabmeat to the pan of fish stock, together with the ginger, soy sauce, and star anise and bring to a boil.
- Leave to simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and the crab is heated through.
- Season the soup then ladle into a warmed soup tureen or individual serving bowls and garnish with crab claws.
- Serve immediately.