Recipe by cookiedog
These are really good served with sweet and sour sauce or your favorite dipping sauce. If you like them a little more creamy just add more cream cheese.Sometimes I also add a little cheddar cheese into the filling. This recipe is from the wonton wraps package. Quantity and time is an estimate.
- 4 ounces dungeness crabmeat or 4 ounces lump crabmeat or 4 ounces imitation crabmeat
- 2 -4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 14 ounces wonton wrappers (square)
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 1 large egg, whisked with 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the crab, cream cheese, lemon zest and juice, salt, pepper and chives together.
- Place a heaping half-tsp of filling on one corner of wrap.
- Moisten the edges with egg wash.
- Bring one set of opposite corners together and seal all the edges, making a triangle.
- Next, bring the long ends of the triangle together, overlapping the corners slightly and sealing with more egg wash.
- Turn the third corner up if it isn't already, forming a small tortellini or hat-shape.
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees.
- Fry the egg rolls until they are golden brown, about 45 seconds to 1 minute.
- Drain well on paper towel.