1/1 Photo of Crab and Cream Cheese Wontons
These are really good served with sweet and sour sauce or your favorite dipping sauce. If you like them a little more creamy just add more cream cheese.Sometimes I also add a little cheddar cheese into the filling. This recipe is from the wonton wraps package. Quantity and time is an estimate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces dungeness crabmeat or 4 ounces lump crabmeat or 4 ounces imitation crabmeat
- 2 -4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 14 ounces wonton wrappers (square)
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 1 large egg, whisked with 2 tablespoons water
- 1Combine the crab, cream cheese, lemon zest and juice, salt, pepper and chives together.
- 2Place a heaping half-tsp of filling on one corner of wrap.
- 3Moisten the edges with egg wash.
- 4Bring one set of opposite corners together and seal all the edges, making a triangle.
- 5Next, bring the long ends of the triangle together, overlapping the corners slightly and sealing with more egg wash.
- 6Turn the third corner up if it isn't already, forming a small tortellini or hat-shape.
- 7Heat the oil to 350 degrees.
- 8Fry the egg rolls until they are golden brown, about 45 seconds to 1 minute.
- 9Drain well on paper towel.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab and Cream Cheese Wontons
Serving Size: 1 (626 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 61.0
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.0 mg
- Sodium 131.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.7 g