Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from a recipe in Cuisine Tonight's "Quick and Easy Pasta" edition. This is indeed quick, very easy, and quite delicious, like a crab/corn bisque over pasta.
- 8 ounces pasta, preferably long fusilli or 8 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 4 slices thick-sliced pancetta or 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, white and very light green parts, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 2 small ears)
- 3⁄4 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, minced
- 6 -7 ounces cooked crab meat
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente, drain, set aside.
- Cook pancetta or bacon in a large saute pan over medium high heat until crisp. Remove bacon to drain on a paper towel, reserve the bacon drippings.
- Saute the minced shallots and garlic in 2 TB of bacon drippings over medium heat until soft, 2-3 minutes.
- Deglaze the saute pan with sherry, cook until nearly evaporated, about 2 minutes. Melt butter in pan. Add corn, cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in cream and tarragon, bring to a simmer.
- Add pasta and bacon to pan, season to taste with salt and pepper. Turn off heat and gently fold in crab meat.
- NOTE: My husband tells me this is delicious, but I am highly allergic to crab, so I used shredded lobster tail meat in my portion instead. Oh my word, it was awesome. Either way a winning recipe.