Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This comes from Great Garlic Recipes cookbook.
- 10 ounces fresh crabmeat
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 3 cups tomato sauce, homemade or canned
- 6 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild green chilies, diced
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 lime, cut into 6 wedges
- sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine 2 cups of sauce, crabmeat, corn, 1 cup cheese and chilies in medium bowl.
- Cut each tortilla in 4 wedges. Place one third of wedges on bottom of shallow 3 or 4 quart casserole, overlapping to make a solid layer.
- Spread half of crab mixture on top. Repeat with another layer of tortillas, remaining crab mixture and remaining tortillas. Spread 1 cup tomato sauce over top; cover.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or till heated through. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bake uncovered, 5 minutes or till cheese melts. Serve with lime wedges and sour cream.
Very good and easy too! I think my crab was a bit less than called for, but we really enjoyed this casserole all the same. Thanks for sharing!