Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This is a great seafood chowder. My mother always put a can of creamed corn in her fish chowder. This recipe is very similar except it uses crab instead of fish.
- Melt butter in 6 quart pot.
- Add onion,whole corn and half the crabmeat.
- Cook till onions are clear.
- Add clam broth,liquid from corn & creamed corn.
- Bring to boil & add evap. milk & 1/2& 1/2.
- Simmer (do not boil).
- Add potatoes.
- Add remainder of crabmeat the next day.
- Cool in refrigerator and reheat the next day.