Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a very easy soup I came up with that tastes great for a fall dinner! (I needed soup for dinner--I had just been to the dentist!) I use whole goat's milk instead of cream, but they have the same quality (and not many people have goat's milk!) Update: As a shortcut, I often use a bag of Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes and Onion instead of the potato and onion--no cutting or extra time on the onion needed!
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (14 3/4 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 1 (11 ounce) can sweet corn
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups light cream
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained
- 1⁄4 cup roasted sweet red pepper, diced
- In a pot, cook the onion in the olive oil until soft but not browned.
- Add the corn, potatoes, sherry, parsley, thyme, garlic powder, pepper, and salt. Mix to combine and cook over medium heat for approximately 20 minutes (or until the potatoes are almost tender). Stir as needed.
- Add the cream, crab, and roasted red pepper and heat 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring as needed--do not allow the soup to boil.
- Serve when the potatoes are done!