Recipe by College Girl
That savory cheddar cheese fondue with flakes of juicy crab and just a few flakes of red pepper. Dip a cube of crusty french bread in the fondue. Mmmm... crabby cheese flakey gooey goodness..... Enjoy!
- 59.14 ml hard alcoholic cider (dry) or 59.14 ml beer
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 0.25 ml sugar
- 453.59 g sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 29.58 ml flour
- 198.44 g fresh lump crabmeat, picked over
- 4.92 ml caraway seed, lightly toasted
- 2.46 ml salt (to taste)
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- optional shake red pepper flakes
- crusty bread, in cubes for dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- in a douple boiler over simmering water, heat the cider or beer, lemon juice and sugar.
- In a seperate bowl, toss cheasse with the flour.
- When liquid is hot reduce heat, gradually stirl in cheese, and let i melt slowly. about 5 minutes.
- MEeanwhile, heat crabmeat in am icrowave on medium high until warm, about 30 seconds. (this helps cheese from curdling later!).
- Add crabmeat, caraway seed, salt, and cayenne to the melted cheese. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes for color. Transfer to a warm fondue pot and serve with the bread cubes alongside.