1/1 Photo of Crab and Cheddar Fondue
College Girl's Note:
That savory cheddar cheese fondue with flakes of juicy crab and just a few flakes of red pepper. Dip a cube of crusty french bread in the fondue. Mmmm... crabby cheese flakey gooey goodness..... Enjoy!
My Private Note
pot of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup hard alcoholic cider (dry) or 1/4 cup beer
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 7 ounces fresh lump crabmeat, picked over
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed, lightly toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- optional shake red pepper flakes
- crusty bread, in cubes for dipping
- 1in a douple boiler over simmering water, heat the cider or beer, lemon juice and sugar.
- 2In a seperate bowl, toss cheasse with the flour.
- 3When liquid is hot reduce heat, gradually stirl in cheese, and let i melt slowly. about 5 minutes.
- 4MEeanwhile, heat crabmeat in am icrowave on medium high until warm, about 30 seconds. (this helps cheese from curdling later!).
- 5Add crabmeat, caraway seed, salt, and cayenne to the melted cheese. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes for color. Transfer to a warm fondue pot and serve with the bread cubes alongside.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab and Cheddar Fondue
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.1
- Calories from Fat 344
- Total Fat 38.2 g
- Saturated Fat 24.0 g
- Cholesterol 157.7 mg
- Sodium 1140.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 37.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hard alcoholic cider