Recipe by Ann Arber
Rich creamy soup.Perfect for a winter supper. My dear husband, Dave makes this for us every Christmas Eve and other nights we need comfort food. He is an excellent cook.
- 1 1⁄2 cups pared diced potatoes
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, dont drain
- 1⁄2 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 lb imitation crabmeat
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In 2 quart saucepan combine potatoes, celery and water.
- Bring to boil Lower heat and simmer 15 mins until cooked but not mushy In another pan, melt butter Add onion.
- Simmer 5 mins until clear not browned Add flour.
- Stir til smooth Stir in milk and crab juice from can Add cooked veggies with cooking liquid.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Add cheese dill, and crabmeats Heat to serving temperature Add salt and pepper.